Thanks to generous supporters like you, we provide more than 135,000 hot meals for women, men and children every year. Your contribution feeds homeless people, low-income workers, senior citizens on limited incomes, and families who are temporarily down on their luck. Some do not know where to turn for food. Some need fresh clothes and a shower. Some need basic household items.
For the price of a cup of coffee, you can provide a hot meal to someone here at Christian Outreach in Action. The meals include a protein, starch, vegetable and dessert with a beverage, for $2.25.
YOU can help people like DJ by donating today!
- $4.50 to feed one person for one day
- $20 to feed one person dinner for two weeks
- $55 to feed two people breakfast for 1 month
- $150 to provide staff for our twice-a-week food bank
- $225 to provide 100 hot meals
Your tax-deductible donations provide much-needed food on a daily basis to the hungry in our community.
You can also participate with us by:
- Donating Food: Please see our list of needs here.
- Volunteering: Fill out our Volunteer Interest Form here.
- Donating Clothing and Household Goods: Donations are accepted at COA (515 E. Third St., Long Beach 90802) or at our boutique thrift store, Clark & Atherton Mercantile (1772 Clark Ave., Long Beach 90815).
- Sponsor: your own food drive, clothing collection, or fundraiser, or volunteer with your group.
- Volunteer at our Vintage/Thrift Store Clark & Atherton Mercantile (CAM). CAM only asks for a 4 hour commitment per month. You can call 562-432-1440 or email [email protected] for more information.
For more information, call (562) 432-1440.
Our work has continued since 1981 because of friends like you. Together we help people through tough times.
We help them find their way and start over. Everyone receives a warm welcome at COA.